This survey has now ended – thank you to the 9,140 people who had their say.
To be first to receive the results, please enter your details below.
About the survey:
We are a collective of organisations (see below) with a shared understanding that growing edible food can be a force for good in society. We share a commitment to support the expansion of all forms of edible food growing in Australian towns and cities, and for that reason are collaborating to organise the 3rd national Urban Agriculture Forum (www.uaf.org.au). In support of that commitment, we are interested in understanding the extent to which the COVID19 restrictions and their legacy have impacted the attitude and actions of community members towards edible food growing.
2020 has been a year of enormous change and challenges for millions of Australians and people around the world. In particular, the COVID19 pandemic, the restrictions introduced to deal with it (e.g. lockdown, social distancing) and the ongoing economic repercussions have brought about major changes in where we spend our time, who with, and what we do.
We put together this survey in order to:
1. Investigate the extent of edible food growing by Australians in 2020
2. Find out as best we can the impact of the COVID19 restrictions and ongoing legacy on the take-up and / or expansion of edible food growing by Australians
3. Understand the experiences of Australians with edible food growing during and after the COVID19 restrictions
4. Identify what resources and supports Australians may want or need to continue and / or expand their edible food growing
We will use the results in order to:
1. Advocate to local, state and federal governments for greater resourcing and support, including through the expanded allocation of temporary and permanent spaces, for edible food growing
2. Advocate to the philanthropic sector for greater resourcing and support for edible food growing and associated programs
3. Raise the visibility and prominence of urban agriculture and edible food growing in Australia, in particular during the 3rd national Urban Agriculture Forum and first national Urban Agriculture Month (April 2021)
We greatly appreciate you taking the time to share your experience and thoughts about this subject. This survey should take approximately 10 minutes to complete (26 primarily multiple choice questions). The survey is completely anonymous – we are not asking for your name, address, email or any personally identifying information.
Want to know more?
If you have any questions, please contact Georgia Karavis, Sustain Communications Coordinator.
The Urban Agriculture Forum Steering Committee includes: Sustain, Community Gardens Australia, Sustainable Gardening Australia, 3000 acres, Stephanie Alexander Kitchen Garden Foundation, Yerrabingin, Pocket City Farms.