The network aims to:
- exchange connections, knowledge and opportunities across local organisations, community groups and individuals
- educate and build capacity across the food system
- enable the transition to a sustainable local food system.
The network will work towards the shared vision created during Edible Adelaide 2016. This vision acknowledges the diversity of drivers, partners, initiatives and approaches required to build a local, flourishing food system and includes:
- accessible, affordable, organic and healthy food for all
- resilient and educated communities
- localised and interlinked food growing systems
- integrated systems approaches to planning
- trained and supported producers, processors, distributors and retailers.
All of these details, and how you can get involved, can be found in the Edible Adelaide 2016 report